There is nothing better than going away on vacation, getting away to a paradisiacal place where you can escape from routine.
With summer just around the corner, we want to make sure you're not caught off guard.
Select a destination where good weather is guaranteed, and pack the suitcases with all of the necessary items: beach towels, swimsuits, flip flops, sunglasses ... We are ready!
In the same way that we want to make sure that everything is ready and prepared for vacation, we also need to safeguard our homes while we are away. Home break-ins happen all year round, but they tend to double during the summer.
What is the key to keeping your home safe? Fortunately, burglaries are one of the easiest crimes to prevent, the key is choosing a security system that best meets your home's needs.
This article tells you the best tips for ensuring the security of your home and that nothing will ruin your vacation:
An intruder will not take the risk of entering a house unless he is 100% sure that it is empty. Using technology applied to the automation and intelligent control of the house, we can give the impression that there is someone in our house when in fact there is no one there. We call this type of technology Smart Home Automation. Controlling the thermostat, opening, and closing doors, monitoring each room in the house, controlling lighting, music, satellite TV, or irrigation -are only a few examples.
When you are away from your home, a simple action like turning on the outside lights can help prevent burglars from breaking in.
The sound of the TV or music are also good alternatives when it comes to scare off intruders. Bring out the actor in you and put on your best show to create the most realistic illusion possible.
To protect you and your loved ones, the first and most important thing to do is to install a home security system, but not just any home security system will do.
To begin with, it is necessary to know what are the types of security systems that exist:
• CCTV: installation of a security camera system that allows you to check your home from anywhere, whether it be the exterior or interior of your house.
• Access control: integration of the technology to the opening of doors that allows access to authorized users. After confirming the identity of the person wishing to enter, the system will unlock the door giving access.
• Intruder alarm: Detects attempted intrusions into a house and triggers an alarm. The installation and maintenance of intruder alarms can significantly reduce the likelihood of burglary, vandalism, and other forms of attack against businesses and individuals.
Cascade Security offers these three services with monitoring solutions and even a SmartApp so you can know what's going on at home 24 hours a day from anywhere. If you are looking for a home security system that fits your needs, we have the solution! Contact us today, don't wait any longer.
Thanks to Smart Automations, actions such as turning on or off the lights at home are things that are available to us at our fingertips, wherever we are.
While on vacation, turning on the porch lights at night, or the kitchen or living room lights will give the real feeling that someone is home, one of the best ways to keep burglars away from the house.
It is also an easy way to reduce energy consumption in the home. Have you ever accidentally left a light on at home? You don't need to worry until you get home to turn it off; you can do it from work, the beach, or wherever you are.
It is a solution that most homes have already installed, however, we wanted to remind you of its importance. Securing the most vulnerable points of the house is essential.
• For windows: there is a wide variety of lock types depending on the type of window, if you want to know the best way to protect the windows of your home, read our article on improving your home in just 5 steps.
To make your locks even more secure, integrating a security system is what will make the difference.
Windows sensors, apart from being an economical solution, can be connected to the home alarm system to help prevent intruders from entering quickly.
• For doors: we have gone from having only one way to open the front door with a simple key to having too many options. The alternatives we know today, such as opening the door with a card, pin code, fingerprint, facial recognition, or through an application have improved our home security and made it more difficult for a stranger to enter our home.
We are a society that has become accustomed to the use of social networks on a daily basis, what used to be a tool to communicate with your friends has now become one more"friend" to whom we tell everything. In the early days of Instagram, we used to let our profile be seen and followed only by people around us, friends from school, university, work, or family, but now it is very difficult to find private profiles or profiles that do not follow any famous people for example. With this type of behavior, we do not realize that we live more and more exposed, so we have to be careful with what we upload on social networks.
Another tip is to deactivate the location of all your social networks, so you can avoid that it appears every time you update or upload content to your profile.
Rest assured with our tips above you can enjoy a well-deserved vacation knowing that the house is 100% protected. Security is not to be trifled with, that's why Cascade Security aims to bring peace of mind to homes with its home security system services.